Whether you’re on the hunt for the best brew in town or want to find a new spot to meet up with friends at, Whidbey Island has some top-notch choices! Read on to find just what you’re looking for (plus happy hour times + tips on how to make the most of each experience).
Here are 4 breweries to check out on Whidbey Island:
- Located at 112 Anthes Ave. Langley, WA 98260
- Hours: 3:00pm-8:00pm Monday-Thursday; 12:00pm-9:00pm Friday-Saturday; 12:00pm-8:00pm Sunday
Named after one of the most beautiful spots on Whidbey Island, the Double Bluff Brewing Company was founded with the goal of making the island a top destination for craft brew lovers. Created with the highest quality ingredients, their beers are perfect for enjoying on a warm summer night. Stop by for their Back Alley Summer Jam Concert Series and feel free to bring your own food! They’re also kid and dog-friendly, and there’s a newly expanded outdoor patio.
- Located at 32295 WA-20 Oak Harbor, WA 98277
- Hours: 11:00am-10:00pm Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-11:00pm Friday; 10:00am-11:00pm Saturday; 10:00am-10:00pm Sunday
- Happy Hour: 2:00pm-6:00pm 7 days a week
If you’re looking to taste an award-winning brew, stop by Flyers Restaurant and Brewery. This place has an extensive selection of signature and seasonal beers that you can pair with their menu of seafood, wings, tacos, and other pub fare. They’re also family friendly, and you can enjoy patio season when the weather permits!
- Located at 103 S. Main St. Coupeville, WA 98239
- Hours: 2:00pm-10:00pm Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-11:00pm Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-10:00pm Sunday
- Happy Hour: 3:00pm-5:00pm 7 days a week; $1.00 off all craft beer
Started by brothers Marc and Mitch, the Penn Cove Brewing Company is all about bringing successful business back to Whidbey Island. Their list of rotating brews and munchable snacks offer the comfort of a laid-back bar, while their weekly events show off the best of the community they call home. With plans already in the works for the future, this is one brewery that won’t be going away anytime soon.
Located at 1341 S.W. Barlow St. Oak Harbor, WA 98277
- Hours: 11:00am-9:00pm Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-11:00pm Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-7:00pm Sunday
- Happy Hour: 3:00pm-5:00pm Monday-Wednesday
Wacky, fun, and inviting, Wicked Teuton Brewing has recipes and events that will keep you coming back for more. Stop by their Homebrew store, taste one of their delicious beers, and then take the recipe home to brew yourself! With art nights, happy hours, and much, much more, Wicked Teuton is a must for local beer lovers. You can also check their website (updated regularly!) to see what they currently have on tap.